Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dance Machine

Ruby and I attended a friend's wedding last night! It was the first wedding she was old enough to participate in and enjoy! Violet had a cold and got to stay home with her daddy. Ruby got to wear a new dress, new tights, and new shoes, but her favorite accessory was her silver heart locket that her Oma and Opa gave her when Violet was born.

It was an outdoor wedding very similar to Josh and my special day. Ruby and I sat and watched the bridesmaids and bride process and then her questions got a bit too loud to stay in the ceremony. "Mom, is Aunt Anna that bride?" "Is she marrying Noah?" Can I have more M&M's while we are waiting for the bride?"...Ummm. time to sneak out.

The reception was a blast because a big band was playing the reception. And to top it off, it was Grandpa's Big Band, The Moonlighters. Ruby danced and danced and danced and danced. When we had to get off the dance floor for the bride and groom's first dance, Ruby got pretty vocal and said, "When is that bride getting off that dance floor so I can dance?" She danced with bridemaids, including Aunt Anna, flower girls, Mommy, Aunt Laura and Grandma. On our long drive home, Ruby suprised me by saying, "Mom, I miss my sister." This was a memory she will never forget.

No comments: