Wednesday, October 31, 2007

3 years old!!!

Wow. We have a 3 year old Ruby! Time flies. I caught myself tearing up yesterday as Josh and I tucked Ruby into bed. How she has grown from a tiny, helpless baby into a smart, beautiful, comical 3 year old little girl is amazing. God chose Josh and I as Ruby and Violet's earthly parents, and, oh, what a joy they are...

We celebrated the big day a bit early on the 27th because the girls Great-Granma, affectionately known as "G.G.", came to visit. Ruby wanted a "Flower Birthday Party" and that's what we had. Lynn (Oma), sent Ruby and Josh birthday cake all the way from Seattle!! It was delicious. After cake and presents, my dad, Bob, G.G. and Josh got out there instruments and played some party music. Ruby danced and danced until she decided the trio needed to become a quartet...She whipped out her new HARMONICA and sat in! This was serious business for her folks. She even taps her foot as she plays...

Josh's 30th b-day was Sunday, the 28th.. (yes, 2 days before Rubys and 3 days before Halloween.) October is crazy around here! We had a great day. We ate at Noshville for breakfast with Aunt Susie, Christopher, Rebecca, Art and Katie and our family. Then we walked around the Parthenon, said goodbye to the Asheville folk, put the girls down for a nap while Art and Josh played disc golf, went to Pei Wei for dinner with The Rannells and Wolters, and then finally home for bed! How's that for a run on. Well, folks, the best husband and Daddy in the word just turned 30!

Violet also had a mini-b-day on the 28th. She turned 5 months old! Wow. Again, what a jewel. She laughs all of the time, loves to watch her big sister, loves her prescription formula, (ugh) and loves bathtime!

Today is Halloween. Ruby is moms day out. Vi is sleeping. Ruby wore her LadyBug costume to school today. Vioket is a kitten! We'll trick-or-treat in my parents neighborhood tonight.

Recent Ruby quotes:

"Dad, Jerry Seinfeld is SOOO funny."

"If that airplane is flying like a bird, why don't his wings flap?"

Daddy, Daddy, Conan is on Sesame Street!" (He really was, too!)

"But Mom!!!.. All of the other girls in my class get to bring their purses to school!!"
(I don't think so, Ruby.)


"When I bring my birthday donuts to school, my friends are going to FLIP OUT!!"

"Grandma, type in www.baby.com." ( this was at 18 months)

1 comment:

The Jansens said...

Hey! Just got internet back and I am so happy to be reading your blog! I can't wait to meet Ruby in person. Hopefully she and Hannah will have lots to chat about. I look forward to reading more so keep posting!!!